Missak Baghboudarian was born in Damasco, where he studied music and graduating in Piano and Orchestra Conducting
2003: Diploma International Conducting courses from "Hans Swarowsky" Association - Italy with Julius Kalmar (professor at the academy of Hamburg and Vienna).
1995: License in Music from the High Institute of Music at Damascus (Music University). Specialized in Piano and Conducting with Solhi Al Wadi.
1990: High School Certificate: Scientific department.
1987: Diploma from Damascus Music School in piano.
Workshops and seminars in music:
- 2007 Conducting Master class with Jorma Panula - Holland.
- 2007 Seminar on Italian Opera with Riccardo Muti – Malta.
- 2005 International Conducting Workshop Festival with Carl St Clair - Bulgaria.
- 2003 Conducting workshop with Herbert Handt - Italy.
- 2002 Conducting workshop with Dorel Pascu (Romania) and Michel Beck (Germany) at Camerino - Italy. Followed by concerts in different Italian cities.
- 1999 Conducting workshop with Maurizio Tambara at Tortona - Italy.
- 1998 - 2002 Composing courses at the Conservatory of Florence with Franco Cioci and Mauro Cardi.
- 1998 - 2001 Conducting courses at the Conservatory of Florence with Alessandro Pinzauti.
- 1993 Piano workshop with Svetlana Navasartian.
- 1991 Piano workshop with Francoise Thinat in French piano music.
Professional Experience as musician:
- Since 2003, he is the Conductor of the Syrian National Symphony Orchestra.
- 2012 he conducted: Bilkent Symphony Orchestra (Turkey), National Symphony Orchestra of Algeria, National Symphony Orchestra of Dominican Republic.
- April 2012 he conducted the closing concert of Tlemcen Capital of Islamic culture 2011 in Algeria.
- Oct 2011 touring with the National Orchestra of Algeria in occasion of Tlemcen Capital of Islamic culture 2011
- In 2011 he conducted: National Symphony orchestra of Dominican Republic, Kammerphilharmonie Grunbunden (Switzerland), National Symphony
Orchestra of Algeria
- April 2011 he participated at the “Easter Festival” organized by Opera di Roma at Orvieto in Italy with the Syrian National Symphony Orchestra.
- Dic 2010 he conducted the orchestra composed by musicians from more than 17 country for the Final concert of the International Symphonic music festival
- March 2009 three concerts with the South Pacific Symphony Orchestra in USA.
- January 2009 he conducted the closing concert of Damascus Arab Capital of Culture 2008
- January 2008 he conducted the SNSO in the opening ceremony of Damascus Arab Capital of Culture 2008
- August 2006 Young Euro Classic festival with the Orchestra of the High Institute of Music.
- Since 2004, the Conductor of the Student Orchestra of the High Institute of Music of Damascus.
- May 2004 he had the honour to conduct the SNSO in the opening concert of the Damascus Opera House in the presence of H.E. the President of the
Syrian Arab Republic.
- 2003 - now several concerts with SNSO in Syria, Lebanon. Oman, U.A.E., Bahrain, Jordan, Algeria, Turkey and Italy.
- 2002 Several concerts with Bruno Maderna Symphony Orchestra of Forlì and the Orchestra of the National Academy of Bucharest.
- 2001 - 2003 resident Conductor of the Amadeus Orchestra of Florence with several concerts in various Tuscany cities (Florence, Chianciano, Vicchio,
- 1998 - 2003 preparatory master of the Harmonia Cantata Chorus - Florence.
- 1995 “Maestro Collaborator” and the assistant conductor in the first opera work produced in Syria, Dido and Aeneas by Henry Purcell, in collaboration with
the British Council.
- 1994 - 1996 Assistant conductor at the Syrian National Symphony Orchestra.
- 1994 Debut as conductor in December at the Auditorium of the Congresses of Damascus.
- 1995 - 1996Chair of Orchestration at the High Music Institute of Damascus.
- 1999 Recording od the Opera Gli Zingari by R. Leoncavallo (Festival Estate Regina, Montecatini Terme, Italy, Kicco Classic records).
Professional Experience as organizer and consultant:
- Since 2003 Head of department at the High Institute of Music in Damascus.
- Many workshops in team working and artistic programming with experts from Syria and abroad.
- 2008 – 2010 Music consultant for the Culture and Heritage division at The Syria Trust for Development (NGO).
- 1998 founder member of the “Cantiere Musicale di Toscana” Association – Italy.
- 1998 – 2006 Coordinator of the “Estate Regina” musical festival – Montecatini Terme - Italy.
Honors and medals:
- In May 2010 he was honored by the Italian President with the Italian honor medal “Stella della Soliderieta” for his efforts on the development of cultural
relations between Syria and Italy.
- In Sept 2011 he was honored by the golden medal of the Ministry of Culture in Armenia for his cultural activities.
- Armenian – Mother tongue.
- Arabic – Very good.
- Italian – Very good.
- English – Very Good.
- French - Medium.
Donations on bank account at UBS Switzerland AG in the name of: Fondazione Laus Plena, Lugano.
The Foundation issues certificates of donation for tax deduction purposes.
Bank details. See below.